Sometimes you’ve just got to laugh at Mormon culture. Bishop Mike T. Young of the Spanish Fork 401st ward does a great job of pointing out some of the insane things that we do because of our unique culture. Love it or hate it, I just had to laugh. He’s been in his “calling” for a few months now and has been magnifying it admirably.
In the spirit of Seriously So Blessed, which pokes fun at Mormon mommy blogs and My Religious blog, which is absolutely hilarious, the Spanish Fork 401st ward joins the ranks of What Mormons like and Overheard in the Ward. If you are offended by Mormons poking fun at themselves, don’t go to any of these blogs.
Here’s a sample offering from a recent post containing items from the suggestion box:
- Mini-refrigerator stocked with cold Mt. Dew for Elder’s Quorum
- A better selection of table cloths and flower arrangements for Relief Society
- A, ‘preferred,’ calling spreadsheet where members can prioritize the callings that they’d like the Bishop to feel inspired to call them to
- Home Teaching Hall-of-Shame list on the bulletin board for dead-beat HT’ers
- Nose hair clipper to pass around HP Group meetings on Sunday
Go add your own suggestions and enjoy the other delicious treats to be found there.