Please keep the following in mind:
• I’m writing as an individual former member of the LDS Church, sharing personal perspectives. I can’t imagine anyone assuming that I am writing officially for the Church. These observations, writings and opinions are my own. Go to the official church websites to get official church doctrine.
• Remember that “a soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger” (Proverbs 15:1). It almost never helps to argue or contend with me or others regarding your beliefs or to become defensive or belligerent.
I try to share my essays in a kind and gentle way. I know not everyone will agree with what I write—and that’s okay. All I ask is that you please remember to show some respect and consideration for my views and those of others when you leave your comments.
Personal attacks and insults are not welcome. Ad hominem will get you banned. I am the final judge of ad hominem.
• Be friendly and polite, even if you comment anonymously. Act like you would if you were talking to your next door neighbor. How you comment may be just as important as what you say. Please point us to your own blog or website.
• What helps the most are thoughtful and measured voices that explain your position on the issues being discussed and how your personal experiences relate.
• Be relevant. Please stick to the topic of the essay. Be cautious about trying to force your ideas where they are not relevant.
• Everything you say or write could be on the Internet forever. Remember you’re always on the record. So am I. Thanks.
All original essays are copyright Tim Malone